The history of Sainte Marie goes back to the
18th century. The lands of Sainte Marie then belonged to the
Monastery of Verne located a little bit higher in the massif des
In those days less than ten hectares were cultivated with
grapevines. In 1884, a terrible epidemic of cholera
devastated the whole region but stopped right at the boundary to
our property. A statue of the Virgin Marie was built in
recognition. It gave its name to the property and their best wine.
Since then, several generations of winegrowers have succeeded
one another producing wines of high quality which display the
uniqueness of the terroir.