Skip to main content

Château la Clotte Fontane, Côteaux du Languedoc

Originally built on the ruins of a roman villa, the winery of Château la Clotte-Fontane combines modernity and tradition,

In an undulating setting of pines, oaks and aromatic plants, the domaine is spread over 130 ha and has two types of soils. One, on the sunny eastern side is made up of large pebbles which give the wine a fruity fresh taste. The second, a flat clay limestone terrain, brings body and substance.  

In 1432, according to historical documents, the castle belonged to Comte Pierre de Gange, but it was in XVIII century that Jean Mouton de la Clotte redesigned the property  in the style we see it today.  Maryline and Philippe Pagès fell under its spell in teh 1990's and purchased the domaine. Since that time they have been working to restore the castle to its former magnificence.