Apprentice Electrical Design Engineer - 13240
12 September 2017
Permanent (depending on a successful 3 month probationary
Up to £11,000 per annum depending on qualifications and previous
Blackwood Partnership is a consultancy engineering company. We
offer building and engineering services primarily within the
construction sector of the industry. We get involved in a wide
variety of projects ranging from shopping centres to data centres,
schools, factories and museums. Our website gives a larger flavour
of the range and some photographs of projects we've completed. We
are an equal opportunities employer.
Based at our Atholl Place office, you will work as part of a
small team to ensure the provision of an efficient and quality
service to all our clients.
What might a day in this job look like?
You will initially be involved with:
- Preparing plans and details using AutoCAD and building
information modelling software
- Use Amtech software for electrical calculation and
- Use Dialux lighting design software
- Assist with contract administration
- Attend design team meetings
- Carry out site inspections
- Work as an engineer's assistant.
As you gain experience, you will assist in the design of
electrical systems such as:
- Electrical Distribution
- Fire Alarms
- Lighting/ Emergency Lighting
- Security/ CCTV
- Data/Comms Infrastructure.
What will I Learn?
- You will undertake a supervised programme of training and
college/ university day release to obtain a suitable qualification
in either Electrical Engineering or Building Services
- The level of qualification studied can range from HNC to Degree
level and will depend upon your existing qualifications. This would
be funded by Blackwood Partnership.
- Personal career development - depending on your ability and
interest, there is an opportunity to further your education and
obtain a Masters Degree.
- Industry related qualifications and training.
- Soft skills such as communication, teamwork and problem
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Blackwood Partnership is looking for a motivated individual with
a genuine interest in a career in engineering.
Ideally you will have the following:
- a minimum of National 5 Maths, English and Physics.
Highers would be advantageous
- a good knowledge of both Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- excellent communication skills
- ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- a willingness to help clients and colleagues to achieve the
goals of the company
- an enquiring mind - yes, it is okay to ask questions!
This job will close when a suitable candidate is found.