Procurement Assistant - Modern Apprenticeship - 14008
11 September 2017
£15,421 per annum
The University of Edinburgh.
You will work within an award-winning procurement team, at one
of the world's leading universities. Our purpose is to
support the University in achieving its objectives by helping
colleagues across the University to buy what they need, from the
best suppliers and achieving the best value for money.
As a member of the procurement team, you will contribute to the
delivery of a high-quality and efficient procurement service.
You will be based in the city centre of Edinburgh in Chambers
Street, with the opportunity to visit and work in other locations
across the University.
This opportunity allow you to join others in the Scottish Procurement
People of Tomorrow programme.
What might a day in this job look like?
Your typical duties will include:
- Assisting the procurement team in providing an effective and
efficient strategic procurement service
- Assisting with all types of procurement activities, including
tendering and contract activities, to ensure that the University's
procurement complies with national and European law, and delivers
- Working towards the attainment of a nationally recognised
qualification, through a range of appropriate training, support and
What will I learn?
- Communication, organisation, interpersonal, team-working and
customer service skills
- Industry related training and qualifications
- Find out more about buying: Chartered Institute of Procurement and
- Work towards Scottish Vocational Qualification level 3 in
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge and skills in procurement related IT systems, such as
modern eProcurement and eTendering systems.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Minimum of five National 5 qualifications (including Maths and
- Motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and numerical skills.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to Jenni Dixon, HR.Recruitment@ed.ac.uk.
Monday 25 September.