Lab Technician - Modern Apprenticeship - 14019
12 September 2017
£15,421 per annum
At the University of Edinburgh, we recruit the best people to a
variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. Our
team of talented and committed professional & support staff are
critical to our success.
To train with, and become part of, the technical support team in
the University's School of Chemistry. You will be based at
the Kings Buildings campus.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Carry out routine laboratory housekeeping and stock
- Assist and participate in routine operation and maintenance of
a wide range of modern equipment used in Organic, In-organic and
- Comply with standard procedures, including those governing
Health and Safety
- Provide general assistance to students using the facilities and
What will I learn?
- Undertake Modern Apprenticeship Level 3 Laboratory &
Associated Technical Activities including: communications,
organisation planning, interpersonal, customer service, using own
initiative, teamwork, and problem solving
- Undertake SCQF Level 7 through work-based training and block
day-release to College
- Industry related training / qualifications.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- A minimum of two qualifications in a science subject and no
fewer than three national qualifications (SCQF Level 5) with
evidence of excellent skills in numeracy and literacy
- Working understanding of IT packages or similar e.g. Excel,
- A willingness to participate in a Modern Apprentice
- Punctual, enthusiastic and willingness to be flexible to
- Modern Apprenticeships are open to people of any age, in this
instance funding for training is available to those aged
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please
send your CV and a covering letter (highlighting why you are
interested in this apprenticeship and working at the University of
Edinburgh) to Jenni Dixon at HR.Recruitment@ed.ac.uk
Sunday 24 September.