Administrative Assistant - Modern Apprenticeship - 14376
11 September 2017
Fixed Term - 12 months
£11,833 per annum
With a membership of over 435,000, the Royal College of Nursing
is the largest professional association and union of nursing staff
and students in the UK. We're proud to be a leading player in the
development of nursing policy and practice, with an influential
voice at home and abroad. Plus, we're number 15 in The Sunday Times
100 Best Not for Profit Organisations to work for, with Three Star
Best Companies Accreditation for 2017 and are accredited with
Investors in People Gold Standard. So, join us, and you'll
have the chance to nurture your career and improve standards of
Working in an office based team.
What might a day in this job look like?
You will provide a range of administrative support to the
Communications team, the Facilities team and the PA to the
Duties will include:
- Assist in answering telephone enquiries, handling sensitive
information with absolute discretion
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Participate in centralised administrative support duties
- Monitor and update RCN Scotland social media accounts and
support the delivery of social media plans
- Regularly update the RCN Scotland website and support the
development of creative digital content
- Provide reception cover for three half days per week, greeting
visitors, booking taxis and couriers, managing the incoming and
- Provide administrative support for events, internally and
- Assist with meeting room set up and break down, including
clearing of catering.
What will I learn?
Working in the communications team you will develop a variety of
skills including team work, communication and customer service
You will work towards an SVQ Level 3 in Business and
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Minimum five National 5s or equivalent including English.
We are looking for someone who:
- is self-reliant whilst seeking advice and support when
- is open to sharing knowledge and learning from others
- communicates clearly and concisely
- listens carefully, asks questions and records information
- is helpful, courteous and patient
- develops productive relationships within and outside the
- offers support and help to colleagues
- respects and utilises the expertise of colleagues
- plans work to ensure ability to deliver a quality service
- adapts plans or reprioritise to respond to urgent needs
- demonstrates the ability to work within tight timescales
- contributes ideas for making improvements
- responds quickly to request for information
- demonstrates initiative
- takes ownership of projects.
Sunday 1 October.
Interviews will take place on Friday 13 October.