Business Support - Modern Apprenticeship (R058) - 15230
5 January 2018
Two Years Fixed Term
£16,000 per annum (pay range £16,400 - £17,514)
Historic Environment Scotland is the lead body for Scotland's
historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of
heritage, culture, education and environmental protection. We're at
the forefront of researching and understanding the historic
environment, and addressing the impact of climate change on its
future. Historic Environment Scotland investigate and record
architectural and archaeological sites and landscapes across
Scotland and care for more than 300 properties of national
The Business Support Apprentice post sits within the Business
Support Team in the Heritage Directorate. The team co
ordinates the Statutory Consents processes, deals with all
Directorate enquiries and correspondence, and co-ordinates the
general administration of the Directorate, including travel,
training and finance.
What might a day in this job look like?
The Business Support Apprentice provides administrative support
for the Statutory Consents processes which are administered by the
organisation. They also receive and co-ordinate general
enquiries and provide general administrative support for the work
of the Heritage Directorate.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives:
- Log all designation and consent consultations/applications and
associated casework and damage cases on the Heritage Management
- Assist colleagues with the preparation of files and gathering
of background material and information to support the delivery of
statutory casework and designations functions
- Handling central Heritage Directorate internal and external
enquiries by telephone, e-mail and mail
- Provide a central booking service for all car hires,
accommodation, travel tickets, meeting rooms and refreshments
- Log out and maintain supplies of health and safety and other
- Monitor and replenish stationery supplies
- Undertake general administrative functions in support of
Heritage Directorate staff including photocopying, scanning and
- Carry out financial transactions and purchasing for Directorate
colleagues, e.g. using ePC Card and Integra
- Provide dedicated business support for six field officers who
work from home
- Maintain desk instructions/guidance to ensure current practice
is accurately reflected and understood
- Assist Heritage Directorate colleagues with ad hoc tasks and
projects as required.
What will I learn?
You will undertake an SVQ Level 3 in Business and Administration
(SCQF Level 6) delivered by Rewards Training. You will also learn
how to deliver excellent service, contributing to and supporting
working together in a team, planning and organising, and
communicating appropriately and clearly.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Ideally, we are looking for National 5 or equivalent including
Maths and English, and/or Higher Grades. This role will require
excellent attention to detail as accuracy is essential, and the
ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
This position will be filled when a suitable applicant is