Husbandry Technicians (Temporary part time) - 10 posts
8 September 2017
Temporary, Part Time Opportunity (3-4 months)
Consideration will be given to candidates looking to work
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked
together to assist in the discovery, development and safe
manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you
will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of
people across the globe. Whether your background is in life
sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play
an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you
build a career that you can feel passionate about.
You will be working as part of a team within barrier facilities,
in our Dog Unit, based at our world class facility in
Tranent. Duration of the role Is 3-4 months with working hours
from 9am to 2pm and you will be required to work 5 days in 7,
What might a day in this job look like?
You will carry out general husbandry tasks in compliance with
study protocols and Standard Operation Procedures, also
participation in the technical aspect of studies.
What will I learn?
Full training will be provided.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Specific criteria that you are required to meet
- You will show a caring self motivated attitude to animal
welfare and continuous improvement. Enthusiasm, work ethic
and eagerness to learn
- Strong desire to work with animals combined with a high level
of empathy and respect
- Ability to complete tasks without deviating from Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Competent data recording to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Motivation to commit yourself to the demands of a busy working
- The ability to work independently as well as being a good team
Friday 29 September.