Husbandry Technicians (Permanent Full Time) - 2 posts
8 September 2017
Permanent, Full Time
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked
together to assist in the discovery, development and safe
manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you
will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of
people across the globe. Whether your background is in life
sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play
an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you
build a career that you can feel passionate about.
You will be working as part of a team within barrier facilities
for our Safety Assessment site in Elphinstone,
What might a day in this job look like?
As a Husbandry Technician, you will join a dedicated team
involved in caring for a variety of laboratory animal species in a
wide range of pre clinical studies. You will carry out
general husbandry tasks in compliance with study protocols and
Standard Operation Procedures, also participation in the technical
aspect of studies. You will be required to participate in the
overtime rota, weekends & weekday evenings, for which
additional payments will be made.
What will I learn?
Full training will be provided.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Specific criteria that you are required to meet include:
- You will show a caring self motivated attitude to animal
welfare and continuous improvement
- Enthusiasm, work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Strong desire to work with animals combined with a high level
of empathy and respect.
- Ability to complete tasks without deviating from Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Competent data recording to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Motivation to commit yourself to the demands of a busy working
- The ability to work independently as well as being a good team
Friday 29 September.