Guerila's philosophy is simple, and in their
own words. "Guerila wines were conceived especially for the young.
Not as much according to age but according to lifestyle. For those
who see co-operation with nature as an important value and who
understand the benefits of the local harvest. Get acquainted with
the character of our wines and allow them to invite you to the
adventure. Then simply call them by name."
A family run business, headed by owner and winemakerZmago
Petrič, they are hardworking and stubborn, striving to keep the
vineyards the same as did their forefathers; healthy, in good order
and in the midst of genuine nature. Vineyards are at high altitude
on the steep southern slopes of the Vipava Valley, subjected to the
heat of the sun and cooled by the northly prevailing winds.
So what is so special about Guerila?
- 100% biodynamic, and one of only four certified in Slovenia and
all processes done in according to the biodynamic calendar.
- Total production is tiny… only 40 thousand bottles a year.
- No chemicals are used and all picking is done by hand.
- Owned by winemaker Zmago Petrič since 2005 and family run.
- Vineyards total 10ha in size with around 43,000 vines.
- Indigenous Zelen and Pinela vines, as well as Barbera &
- No Sulphur (SO2) is added during in any of the processes before
bottling, & only minimal use if required at bottling.
- All naturally settled (whites on the lees in stainless steel,
reds in old French or Slovenian Oak)
- Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Fermented in stainless steel but not temperature
- Native yeast fermentation and natural malolactic
- All suitable for Vegetarian and Vegan, Organic and