Zmago Petrič's family's winery is located in
Vipavska Dolina and from the very beginning, they have worked
organically and biodynamically, devoting their energies to local
grape varieties and respecting the natural environment around
Concentrating on the varieties of Zelen and Pinela which are
only grown in this region and nowhere else on the planet, they have
built a genuinely unique proposition. Everything is hand-picked,
naturally fermented and then bottled unfiltered with just a minimal
sulphur addition, creating wines that are delicate, mineral and
full of freshness.
- 100% biodynamic, and one of only four certified in Slovenia and
all processes done in according to the biodynamic calendar.
- Total production is tiny… only 40 thousand bottles a year.
- No chemicals are used and all picking is done by hand.
- Owned by winemaker Zmago Petrič since 2005 and family run.
- Vineyards total 10ha in size with around 43,000 vines.
- Indigenous Zelen and Pinela vines, as well as Barbera &
- No Sulphur (SO2) is added during in any of the processes before
bottling, & only minimal use if required at bottling.
- All naturally settled (whites on the lees in stainless steel,
reds in old French or Slovenian Oak)
- Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Fermented in stainless steel but not temperature
- Native yeast fermentation and natural malolactic
- All wines suitable for Vegetarian and Vegan, Organic and