Job Opportunities at Alliance Wine
If you love wine, if you are creative, if you like to challenge the status quo and want to join us on our mission, please get in touch, even if a position you are looking for is not shown.
Current vacancies are listed below.
SCOTLAND ON-TRADE ACCOUNT MANAGER (GLASGOW/WEST SCOTLAND)
About Alliance Wine
Established in 1984, a strong player across a number of channels in the UK (and globally), Alliance Wine has always had their roots firmly based in the On-Trade. The company has been growing consistently in London for the last 12 years, built a strong customer base and gained respect and recognition in many leading venues.
The last 18 months have been the toughest ever for the On-Trade but we are now starting to see the shoots of recovery. We have a strong team of veteran sales people and are looking to boost our resources with fresh talent, energy, and perspective.
Applicants at all levels of experience in their wine career are welcome to apply.
- Experience of working in the Scottish On Trade for at least 2 years.
- The ideal candidate would be based in or near Glasgow, with flexibility to travel to other areas for work.
- Direct experience of the on trade in Glasgow, the West Coast, and the Highlands is preferred.
- Excellent wine knowledge (WSET Level 3 or demonstrably equivalent).
- A self-sufficient and driven salesperson, who can work independently, thinks strategically and thrives on the buzz of winning.
- A team player considerate of others, invested in making positive contributions to company culture, and able to work supportively with other departments.
- A passion for wine, food and eating out.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- A full UK Driving Licence.
If you’re the person we are looking for, please send your CV and covering letter to our Head of Scottish On Trade, Freya.Reinsch@alliancewine.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd October 2021.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced wine buyer to join the buying team.
Our key criteria for selecting the producers we work with are:
- Quality and value irrespective of price point of the wine.
- We work with producers who are imaginative and interested: passionate about their vineyards and determined to demonstrate the identity and individuality of their region and estate.
- They are people we want to talk to, spend time with and share success. We believe in their wines and the way they work, how they treat their staff and especially how they care for their environment and we are determined to bring their wines to a wider audience.
If these criteria are also important to you, please get it in touch.
- Select and negotiate best possible pricing on a portfolio of quality wines and producers who will deliver Alliance’s financial and reputational aims in all channels.
- Deploy your wine expertise to work with marketing and sales teams to sell the wines you have selected, create value and enhance the profile and reputation of Alliance wine.
- Manage the day to day relationship with producers and production partners in your countries to ensure Alliance’s, our customers and our producers’ expectations and requirements are met both in terms of wine quality, service and marketing support.
- To spot commercial opportunities in each of the channels in which we work and to help develop products- either owned by Alliance or by our producers- to exploit those commercial opportunities.
- Define the style, blend, volume required and negotiate pricing for own production wines.
- Experienced wine buyer
- In depth knowledge of wine production and markets in as well as an ability to convey that knowledge to others.
- An ability to taste and recognise quality and value in a wine irrespective of its price point.
- Ability to work under pressure, travel as appropriate, meet deadlines, effectively lead and work with other key members of staff.
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Italian preferable.
Hours: Fulltime, permanent contract.
Location: We have offices in Ayrshire and London but are open minded about your location.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 22nd October.